With the holiday season upon us, and a cold winter ahead, the last thing you want is to be faced with an emergency plumbing situation. However, by consulting our guide on small plumbing problems that can quickly escalate if not taken care of, and hiring an emergency Toronto plumber from our directory, you’ll be all set for the unexpected.
Watch out for these common emergencies
- Basement leak. A slow and small leak can turn into a much bigger problem in your home. That’s because water in the walls can create a breeding ground for mould, thus harming your home and your health.
- Burst pipes. One broken pipe can release hundreds of gallons of water into your home. It’ll not only destroy your furniture, but can cause damage to your home’s structure, thus compromising its integrity.
- Clogged toilets. Maybe your child flushed its doll head down the toilet. Don’t wait to hire a plumber! It could cause a severe back-up in the basement. You won’t want to deal with an unsanitary issue when you have guests over.
Finding an Emergency Plumber
A plumbing emergency can happen at anytime. That’s why it’s important to have phone numbers handy for an emergency Toronto plumber before the problem escalates and causing damage to your home.
Use the eieihome.com directory to hire a Toronto plumber:
- Read through customer reviews. This will help you decide who’s a reputable person to contact in the event of an emergency.
- Find a plumber that’s accessible 24/7. Some Toronto plumbers provide their services around the clock. If disaster strikes, you’ll be covered.
- Ask if they’re licensed and insured. A reputable and reliable contractor will have the proper insurance and licenses to back up their business. Should something go wrong during the repair, you can rest assured that you’re covered.
If you have time, compare quotes
If your toilet is clogged and you’ve caught the problem right away, tag team when contacting plumbers. Have a family member call and get quotes while you do the same. This way, you can compare how much money it’ll cost for the visit, the repair, and materials.
More importantly, trust your instincts. Take the time to hire the right plumber instead of calling and hiring the first one, especially if you’re not 100% sure in your decision.
If you’re stuck with a plumbing emergency, act fast. Use the eieihome.com directory to hire a Toronto plumber.