We’ve all been guilty of turning a blind eye to the occasional issue in our home, but one home repair that can’t be ignored is a plumbing emergency. The emergency Toronto plumber you choose profoundly affects whether the problem is quickly and expediently solved or causes long-lasting damage to your home. Keep reading to see how these 5 common plumbing emergencies can lead to disaster if not treated promptly.
- Basement leakage causes damaged flooring and furnishings and can result in long-term health problems caused by mold that settles in after flooding.
- Slab leaks caused by a hot or cold water line leak under the building’s concrete can lead to high water and energy usage.
- When the water heater cracks, it can also leak, which causes further damage.
- Clogged toilets cause obvious problems for everyone in the home.
Sewer/septic tank clogs lead to unsanitary, highly inconvenient conditions. A sewer backup in the basement is especially problematic.
- Burst pipes can wreak havoc. One broken pipe can release hundreds of gallons of water into your home, destroying contents, creating dangerous mold situations and structural damage.
Finding an Emergency Plumber
Swiftly locating a high-quality, reliable emergency plumber and getting a fair quote is possible if you keep these guidelines in mind.
- Check reviews and search for a plumber on a trustworthy site like eieihome.com for immediate access to reviews and ratings, which means you can locate a plumber before the emergency strikes and you need to call for an estimate
- Look for 24/7 accessibility. Reputable Toronto plumbers understand that emergency plumbing situations arrive after hours, and they have the manpower to react at any time. With no time to spare, it’s important you get an immediate response to your call.
- Be sure you’re working with an insured and licensed plumber. They are most likely to be reputable and perform high-quality work, and these safeguards protect you in the unlikely event that something goes wrong during repair.
Compare Plumber Quotes
An emergency plumbing situation necessitates that you get quotes from Toronto plumbers over the phone. Keep the following questions in mind when doing so:
Does the company charge for coming out? If so, make sure the amount will go toward services performed. Is the quote detailed? Broad, sweeping quotes are likely to omit charges. Look for quotes that break down specifics like labor and materials. And trust your instincts. If a plumbing quote seems too good to be true or too expensive, listen to your gut and move on to the next plumber on your list
No one wants an emergency plumbing situation, but if you do experience one, you now know how to quickly choose a high-quality emergency Toronto plumber.