Packing for yourself can be a great way to economize your move. To help you pack as safely and efficiently as possible, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Toronto Central has compiled tips to make your packing experience easier.
- Do not over pack moving boxes — the heavier the item, the smaller the moving box.
- Start packing the items you don’t need as soon as you know you’re moving.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same moving boxes.
- Put detailed labels on tops and sides of all moving boxes.
- Don’t interlock moving box tops. They must always be sealed with packing tape.
- Pack a moving box of things that you will need immediately at your new home and make sure it is loaded last on the truck so that the contents will be easily accessible.
- To minimize the chance of breakage, pack and unpack over a padded surface so that if you do drop an item, it will land on a cushioned surface.
- Lampshades and fine china should not be packed in newspaper because the ink can permanently stain these items. Instead, use packing paper.
By: Mike Makwich
Mike Makwich is the General Manager of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Toronto Central and he is always happy to answer any questions involving your home or your office move.