- At EiEi Homes Inc. (“EiEi Home”), we are committed to protecting your privacy, and maintain a general policy of openness about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- The personal information EiEi Home may collect about you includes your contact information, including an online name & neighbourhood of residence, zip/postal code, e-mail address and demographic information.
- In general we collect, use and disclose personal information so that we can safely operate this Site.
- From time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information and we will inform you as to why we are collecting it. It will be entirely up to you as to whether you choose to share this information with us.
- We may also retain any communications you send us, including e-mail messages and responses we send you.
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the purposes of operating the Site. More specifically, we generally collect, use and disclose your personal information:
- to verify the validity of your e-mail address and identity;
- to communicate with you regarding information you submit to the site;
- to research, develop, manage, protect and improve those communications;
- to advise you about companies offering new products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- to develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you.
In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to detect and protect EiEi Home and third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with EiEi Home policies and contractual obligations;
- to understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- for any other purpose we may indicate to you from time to time.
THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Except with your consent and as set out below, we will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to or with others.
- EiEi Home reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
- EiEi Home also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of EiEi Home or of any of the business or assets or shares of EiEi Home or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the services provided by this Site from the third party. In all of the foregoing cases however, we will first obtain appropriate non disclosure agreements and covenants from the third party.
KNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT
- EiEi Home COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU ONLY WHEN YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE IT. Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
- The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations of the individual in the circumstances.
- You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, please contact our Privacy Officer at 416.222.2911. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with certain services or information that may be of value to you.
- We will not require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
ADVERTISING TO CHILDREN
We believe that EiEi Home content does not appeal directly to children of 13 years old or less. We do not knowingly direct our advertising at children under the age of 13, except as permitted by law.
USE OR DISCLOSURE FOR MARKETING, ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP PURPOSES
We may also use (but will not disclose) your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from affiliates, our sponsors, including by means of direct marketing and us. To ensure advertisers understand who our subscribers are and what they are interested in, we will compile your information and create general profiles of our subscribers' demographic information and interests. However, we will never share any PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE information with our advertisers. In cases of sponsorship where you have opted-in (chosen to accept communications from sponsor) we will compile your information and provide it to the indicated sponsor.
WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- EiEi Home makes all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Access to your personal information is restricted to selected employees or representatives. In addition, EiEi Home employs appropriate information security techniques to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access.
- EiEi Home educates all its employees on the importance of privacy. It is EiEi Home's policy to give access to personal information only to those employees who require it to carry out the responsibilities of their jobs or to other such third parties with similar designated responsibilities and who are subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions with EiEi Home.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
EiEi Home retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. When that need has ended, your personal information will be removed from our system and destroyed in a manner that ensures your security.
CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At EiEi Home, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. You will always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, online name, neighbourhood of residence, e-mail address, postal code, etc. Beyond providing you with the service or information you requested. Additionally, e-mail communications will always include an identification of the sender and an "Unsubscribe" option. Should you wish to unsubscribe at any time, you may instruct us to immediately do so by clicking on the link.
ACCESS TO, CORRECTING OR UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
- If you request access to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions, EiEi Home will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will provide you with a summary of that information. If EiEi Home determines not to provide you access to your personal information, we will provide an explanation.
- You can help us maintain the accuracy of your personal information by notifying us of any changes to this information. You may contact EiEi Home in any one of the following ways to request access to or correction or update of your personal information:
EiEi Homes Inc.
5255 Yonge Street
Toll Free: 1.877.932.Ei Ei (3434)